Scope of Work
Cianbro replaced two bridges spanning the Seneca River and the Erie Canal in Onondaga County, New York.
- Removed a 500 ton truss bridge from the Route 31 site, reconditioned and re-erected the truss bridge at new site on Plainville Road
- Installed 10,500 LF of HP12x74 Piling
- Installed 40,000 SF of temporary and permanent sheet pile
- Placed 4,400 CY of substructure concrete
- Placed 2,400 CY of superstructure concrete
- Coordinated the installation of 325 tons of plain and epoxy reinforcing steel
- Erected over 1,900 tons of plate girder steel at Route 31
- Managed the earthwork and paving of 4.0 Kilometers of asphalt roadway reconstruction
Lean, Innovative, and Unique Project Solutions
The Cianbro team coordinated with the New York State Museum and the Onondaga Nation due to the remains of an infant Native American being discovered on the Route 31 site during required archeological investigations. As a result, archeologists will be on site during specified construction activities to investigate the possibility of further discoveries.