Scope of Work
Cianbro replaced a 48 year old swing span bridge across Lake Champlain with a 4,506 lf high level fixed girder bridge.
- Installed and removed 30 temporary steel sheet pile cofferdams
- Constructed two bridge abutments and 28 piers
- Drove 24, 775 lf of h-pile
- Placed 7,900 cy of seal concrete
- Formed and placed 7,890 cy of substructure concrete
- Erected 3,430 tons of steel plate girders
- Poured 5,100 cy of concrete for the bridge deck
- Demolished and removed the existing 1,000 lf steel truss bridge and 3,000 ft causeway
Lean, Innovative, and Unique Project Solutions
The acceptance of a value engineering proposal developed by the Cianbro team revised the deck forming system and helped to bring this project to completion several months ahead of schedule. This approach also saved the owner over $250,000 dollars bringing the overall project in well under budget.