“I can’t believe that all of this work has been done in only one week!”
- Dorothy Havey, Controller - Farnsworth Art Museum
Scope of Work
Cianbro renovated components of the Farnsworth Art Museum.
- Installed a new 50 ft by 50 ft ceiling—from studding to paint—in the entryway and upper gallery
- Installed HVAC, electrical, and fire protection systems
- Worked around the clock and on weekends to finish this project in time for a scheduled art exhibition
- Restored a section of the building foundation without any detrimental building movement
- Performed renovations without damaging the existing historical building structure
Lean, Innovative, and Unique Project Solutions
The Cianbro team successfully completed this fast-track project in six days and approximately 10,000 work hours—just in time for the museum’s grand “season” opening on Memorial Day Weekend. This was essentially a six-day, 200-person, unscheduled project that was planned and put into motion in only one day—with no contract, prints, or plans.