The Eastern Manufacturing Facility is a modularization facility that assembles and ships modules for use in the industrial, petrochemical, pharmaceutical, pulp & paper, power generation, and transportation markets around the world.
Scope of Work
Cianbro redeveloped an abandoned 40 acre paper mill site that was classified as an industrial EPA Brownfield site. The redeveloped site was utilized as a state-of-the-art module manufacturing facility with roll on/roll off deepwater access.The redevelopment was performed in an expedited manner and supported the timely construction of 51 industrial oil refinery modules, each weighing between 500 and 800 tons.
- Secured all necessary environmental permits in 5 months
- Performed environmental assessment (10’x10’ grid) of the entire site, followed by environmental remediation
- Demolished all mill buildings except for warehouse and administration building
- Installed all new underground utilities and services
- Performed soil remediation followed by grading of work area
- Installed a new bulkhead and dredged berth area
- 40,000 cy of Excavation (balanced site)
- 90,000 cy of Crushed Rock
- 17,000 lf of Underground Utilities: Storm water, Sewer, Water, Electrical and Data
- 950 lf relocation of 2 – 47 kV Electrical Transmission Lines to Underground
- 3,000 lf of Precast Concrete Utility Trenches
- 1,227,000 lbs of new Steel Sheet Pile
- 16,000 cy of Dredging