The project peaked with 500 Cianbro team members and 100 trade partner employees on-site.
Scope of Work
Cianbro rebuilt the wet end of the #3 Paper Machine.
- Demolished and removed approximately 200 cy of concrete
- Demolished existing electrical feeds to demolished equipment
- Removed the existing headbox and demolished the fourdrinier, press sections, and specified auxiliary systems
- Placed over 300 cy of concrete for the mezzanine floor, additional support piers at the presses, and miscellaneous equipment pads and bases
- Furnished structural steel, concrete, piping, and electrical materials
- Erected structural steel for two new mezzanines, framing and reinforcement for the new roof-mounted deaerator
- Constructed steel monorails, platforms, and equipment bases
- Installed dilution headbox, gap former, press sections, related auxiliary systems, and associated piping and pumps
- Installed process piping, skid-mounted hydraulic units, wet end lube system, pneumatic piping and tubing, process controls and instrument tubing.
- Installed add-on MCC sections, DC drives, and temporary power