Scope of Work
Cianbro constructed a 1,200 linear feet, articulating, overhead counterweight, bascule bridge to replace the existing wooden bridge over the Mullica River.
- Demolished the existing bridge
- Constructed seven piers with concrete piles and pile caps
- Installed the pre-stressed concrete box beam span superstructure
- Performed electrical work for the control and power distribution systems
- Performed mechanical work and installed operating equipment—a primary and two secondary reducers driving a final-drive pinion
- Replaced bascule span with structural steel framing and deck
- Installed span lock system
- Constructed the control house off site—installing it in one piece
Lean, Innovative, and Unique Project Solutions
The Cianbro team successfully managed changing site conditions to install concrete sheet pile bulkheads spanning the east and west approaches.