This lift span is the largest lift span in the United States.
Scope of Work
Cianbro constructed the approach spans and lift span superstructure of a 320 feet long by 108 feet wide bridge over the Industrial Canal that weighs 2,300 tons including 400 tons of pavement.
- Erected 4,000 tons of steel
- Erected the lift span superstructure 200 feet above the river using 18 foot diameter shieves weighing 95 tons each
- Placed 33,000 linear feet of precast concrete girders weighting up to 50 tons each
- Constructed a vertical lift of 75 ft
- Constructed a vertical channel clearance of 125 feet