Cianbro’s Oil, Gas & Chemical (OG&C) team is proud to announce that the White Compressor Station Project is the recipient of an Engineering News-Record (ENR) Mid-Atlantic “Best Project” Award. Located in Northeast Pennsylvania, the most prolific area of the Marcellus Shale play, White Compressor Station was entered into the ENR 2015 Best Projects competition under the “Energy/Industrial” category. An independent jury named 34 projects in 17 categories located within the Mid-Atlantic Region, which includes Delaware, Maryland, Pennsylvania, Virginia, West Virginia and the District of Columbia. Seventeen projects were awarded the high honor of “Best Project,” in their respective categories, including White Compressor Station which now qualifies to advance to the national competition where the project will be considered for a “Best of the Best” national award.
All winning projects will be featured in the October 26, 2015 issue of ENR Mid-Atlantic and honored during ENR’s awards event on November 6 in Baltimore. One project will also be honored as the Best Overall Project in the region. In addition, the jury will also select winners in the Safety award category. Announcements for the additional awards will be made soon.
Cianbro was contracted by Williams Field Services, LLC, a subsidiary of Williams Companies, one of the largest gas producers in the United States, to construct a greenfield compressor and dehydration station with support equipment and fully automated building infrastructure under an aggressive six-month schedule. The scope of work included installation of approximately 700 feet of 24 inch OD station interconnect pipeline, including piping modifications to an existing dehydration station inlet to allow for tie-in and isolation. There is a strong demand for natural energy resources throughout the country and White Compressor Station is helping to meet that need by bringing natural resources to the Northeast.
- Placed 3,875 cubic yards of cast-in-place foundationsConstructed the compressor building
- Installed three CAT 3612 and two CAT 3616 engine driven compressors
- Erected the Motor Control Center building, Control building (which houses a state-of-the-art automated control system), air compressor building and generator building Erected three gas 150 MMSCFD dehydration trains, including contact towers and regeneration skids
- Installed five vertical engine exhaust silencers
- Installed piping for high pressure gas, Emergency System Discharge vent, fuel gas, instrument air, water system, closed drain system, lube oil system, exhaust silencer and air intake systems
- Performed installation of the electrical and control system throughout the six acre site
“This award recognizes the team’s achievement and signifies our abilities to be successful in a very competitive and extremely demanding market,” said Bruce Brown, Cianbro’s General Manager of Oil, Gas & Chemical. “I am very proud of the entire team who contributed to this project. It is their hard work and dedication that made White Compressor Station such a success and an obvious choice for nomination into the competition.”
Thank you to Williams Field Services, LLC for allowing Cianbro to be part of this exceptional project!