- Installs machinery and equipment according to general arrangement layout plans, blueprints, specifications and other drawings in an industrial environment.
- Dismantles and repairs machinery and equipment using hammers, wrenches, crowbars and other handtools.
- Moves machinery and equipment using winches, jacks, hoists, dollies, rollers and trucks.
- Assembles and installs machinery and equipment such as shafting, conveyors, pulpers, vats, agitators, tram rails, pumps and motors using handtools and powertools.
- Constructs foundations for machines using handtools and building materials, such as wood, cement and steel.
- Sets base plates to line and level and installs grout beneath them.
- Aligns machines and equipment using optical and laser alignment equipment.
- Installs couplings and bearings, both interference and slipfit
- Check runouts on shafts
Qualifications / Requirements:
- 3 years of experience as a millwright in an industrial environment.
- Must have a good understanding of blueprints and schematic drawings to determine work procedures.
- Must have experience using handtools, powertools, hoists, jacks, squares, rules, scales, laser alignment machines, optical levels and plumb bobs.
- Must be proficient in using precision tools such as inside & outside micrometers, calipers and dial indicators.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Structural welding experience is a plus.
Cianbro is an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate based on marital status, race, color, creed, gender, sex, religion, national origin, gender identity, age, veteran status, union affiliation, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, or sexual orientation.