- Weld pipe with consistent quality and safe work practices by understanding and following layouts, blueprints, and work orders.
- Identify different types and preparation of materials used in pipe welding.
- Able to walk the cup
- Understand proper care in handling materials.
- Identify and use various types of welding tools, wire, and machines.
- Troubleshoot by understanding blueprints, identify issues, and taking corrective actions.
- Perform initial QA/QC checks on finished work to ensure conformance with specifications.
- Gain exposure and experience of pipefitting.
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Minimum of three years of experience welding pipe in an industrial environment or two year welding school.
- Proficient in the use of cutting torch, plasma arc, and cutting machines.
- Prior experience working off lifts or staging.
- Prior Rigging experience is a plus.
- Ability to pass non-destructive weld testing (i.e. X-ray, sonogram) is a plus
Cianbro is an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate based on marital status, race, color, creed, gender, sex, religion, national origin, gender identity, age, veteran status, union affiliation, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, or sexual orientation.