Title: Estimator - Mechanical/Piping
Location: Baltimore, MD
- Identify scope of work and perform quantity takeoff from RFQ information for piping and mechanical systems on industrial projects.
- Review available plans and specifications to make sure estimate effort is in compliance.
- Perform conceptual estimates at times when detailed design information is not yet available.
- Solicit pricing from material vendors and subcontractors.
- Coordinate with other team members to develop overall estimate on larger projects.
- Ensure compliance with company standards risks and client requirements.
- Work with in-house design team to ensure estimated construction methods and schemes to perform the work are safe, workable and efficient.
- Ensure estimates are complete, well organized, and ready for review by the estimating project team.
- Develop project schedules to ensure projects can be completed to meet owner requirements and that company resources are used efficiently.
- Ensure estimates address all potential safety risks and concerns.
- Develop innovative means and methods for completing projects to increase competitiveness and margins.
- Prepare proposals when necessary, and include information to document the basis of proposal.
- Maintain base bid documents and organize estimate information.
- Coordinate with the Cianbro operations team on successful bids to provide a thorough transition to the project team.
Qualifications / Requirements:
- The successful candidate will have a four year engineering degree or equivalent combination of technical training and/or experience.
- 7-10 years of estimating industrial piping of all sizes and mechanical systems experience required.
- Modular piping construction experience preferred
- Ability to estimate other areas (structural, civil, etc) on smaller projects is a plus.
- Requires strong computer skills, familiarity with scheduling and estimating software (HCSS) and MS Office.
Cianbro is an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate based on marital status, race, color, creed, gender, sex, religion, national origin, gender identity, age, veteran status, union affiliation, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, or sexual orientation.